Dine. Snap. Win. Contest
1. ELIGIBILITY: Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board’s Dine. Snap. Win. Contest (“Contest”) is open to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old as of the Contest start (“Contestants”). Contest is void in U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions, and wherever else restricted or prohibited by law. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives of Contest Entities, the legal, promotion and advertising agencies of any aforementioned entity, and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, mother, father, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces, grandparents and in-laws, regardless of where they live) and those living in their household (whether or not related), and each person or entity connected with the production or administration of the Contest, and each parent company, affiliate, subsidiary, agent and representative of any aforementioned entity are not eligible. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.
2. SPONSOR: Contest is sponsored by Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board, 333 South Hope Street, 18th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90071 (“Sponsor”). Prize is provided by American Airlines, Inc., 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155 (“Prize Provider”).
3. TIMING: The Contest Submission Period begins on July 14, 2017, at 12:01 PM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”), and ends on July 28, 2017 at 11:59 PM PST (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest. All Entries must be submitted during the contest submission period.
4. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: By participating, Contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and/or Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this Contest.
Using a non-private account only, there is one (1) way to enter: Follow all online instructions available at http://www.discoverlosangeles.com/content/dinesnapwin during the Contest Period (“Submission Guidelines”). During the Contest Period and during dineL.A. Summer 2017, take one (1) unique and original photo of your meal at a restaurant participating in dineL.A. Summer 2017 and post the photo to your Instagram account, including the tags #dinesnapwin, #contest, and the name of the participating restaurant (“Submission”). Online Submissions must be received during the Contest Period listed in the DINE. SNAP. WIN. Call to action (“Call to Action”) on Instagram to be valid. Sponsor’s own internal clock will be the timekeeping device for the Contest. Proof of entering a Submission will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of receipt or entry into the Contest. Any other form of entry other than described herein is void. Video submissions are not eligible for entry. Your entry must contain all hashtags listed above.
No negative comments or posts, please. Unlimited number of entries allowed per Contestant. Each Submission must be separately entered and must be unique and original.
Submissions must be received no later than the end date listed in the Call to Action at 11:59 PM PST according to Sponsor’s time. No other methods of delivery will be accepted. All entries received by the end of the Contest Period that are complete and otherwise qualified will be eligible to win (“Qualified Submissions”). Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Contestant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or violating these Official Rules. Contestants discovered entering under several names will be disqualified. Any submission of robotic, automatic, or programmed entries, or any entries submitted through other unapproved methods are void. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false or fraudulent. All Submissions become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, void, corrupted, garbled, illegible, or unintelligible submissions and those Submissions are void and will not be accepted; nor is Sponsor responsible for any problems, bugs or malfunctions Contestants may encounter when seeking to enter their Submissions. Contestants are solely responsible for compliance with the Sponsor’s terms and conditions.
By uploading the Submission, Contestant agrees that the Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove Contestant’s Submission and disqualify Contestant from the Contest if they believe the Submission fails to conform to the Submission Guidelines. Sponsor reserves the right to publish Contestant’s Submission(s).
7. ADDITIONAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES AND CONTENT RESTRICTIONS:
• Content must be in digital format and must comply with the posting requirements set forth above and as posted on the website;
• Content cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
• Content cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
• Content cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
• Content cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor, Prize Provider, or each of their products, or other people, products or companies;
• Content cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
• Content cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission;
• No background artwork should appear in Content unless it is an original work of the entrant. Any artwork, murals, etc. that can be seen in Content must be created solely by the entrant or entrant must be the sole owner of all copyright interests therein;
• Content cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission;
• Content cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor and/or Prize Provider wish to associate; and
• Content cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
Sponsor reserves the right to exclude any Submission that it believes doesn't meet the above criteria, at its sole discretion.
Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register the Instagram account used to enter the Contest will be deemed to be the Contestant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each Contestant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
8. JUDGING: Judging will be completed in one (1) round. All Submissions will be prescreened to ensure the entries have correctly met the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions and meet with Sponsor’s general standards and practices prior to any judging. (“Qualified Submissions”).
At any time before, during or after the Contest Period, Sponsor may, in its discretion, choose to post or distribute one or more Submissions, their creator’s name and profile information online (including Sponsor’s websites, social media pages, YouTube channels and third-party affiliate websites) for promotional and entertainment purposes only. Posting of this/these Submission(s) will not mean that said Submissions are eligible to win or are a Qualified Submission.
On or around August 14, 2017, all Submissions will be reviewed and scored by a panel three (3) qualified judges, taking into consideration the following criteria:
1. Artistic Merit (80%)
2. Quality of photo (20%)
The top-scoring Contestant will be deemed the potential winner of the Grand Prize (“Selected Contestant”). In case of a tie, the tie-breaker will be based upon the highest score in the first judging criteria set forth above, continuing thereafter to each judging criteria in the order set forth above, as needed, to break the tie. In the event that a tie still remains, a new judge, selected by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, will judge the tied entries based on the judging criteria set forth above.
9. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The Selected Contestant will be announced on or around August 14, 2017. Selected Contestant will be notified via Instagram comment. Selected Contestant will be required to respond (as directed) to the Instagram notification within seventy-two (72) hours of attempted notification (“Notification”). Selected Contestant may be sent a declaration of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Release”). Unless restricted by law, Selected Contestant will be required to complete and return the Release within seventy-two (72) hours of the date notice is sent. If the Selected Contestant: (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond in a timely manner; or (iii) fails to return the Release as provided herein, such Contestant forfeits all rights to receive a prize, and an alternate Contestant may be selected (up to three attempts). Assumed notification by caller ID and any subsequent returned calls do not constitute a winner. Selected Contestant selection subject to verification, including verification of each Contestant’s eligibility.
Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each Contestant’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and may use the Contestant’s name, city, state, likeness, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
10. LICENSE: As a condition of submitting an entry or of receiving any prize, and unless prohibited by applicable law, all Contestants hereby provide a perpetual non-exclusive license to use the Submission in any and all media throughout the world, in perpetuity, for any purpose whatsoever, without any additional compensation, the term of which shall be the entire life of the copyright and shall be allowed to make derivative works, and/or edits to the Submission for practical or creative purposes. Should any Contestant be unwilling or otherwise unable to enter into license, or provide permissions for any reason, Contestants with the next highest score will be chosen from the remaining entries until one who is able to meet all requirements can be selected. Contestants will not be paid for their Submissions or for granting Sponsor any of these rights.
11. PRIZE: If eligible under these Official Rules, one (1) Selected Contestant will receive 100,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® Miles. Approximate Retail Value of Prize (“ARV”): $1,400.00.
Selected Contestant not entitled to any surplus between actual retail value of prize and stated ARV and any difference between stated ARV and actual value of the prize will not be awarded. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize, provided however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Neither Sponsor nor any of its prize suppliers will replace any lost, stolen, misdirected or undelivered prizes. Any and all activities related to the prize are at the Selected Contestant’s own risk and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the entities that govern such activities.
The prize may be a taxable event for Selected Contestant. For all prizes, all federal, state and local taxes and other expenses in connection with the prize are the sole responsibility of the Selected Contestant. Contestant may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize. If Selected Contestant is not able or willing to accept the Prize or any portion thereof for any reason, Prize may be forfeited and may not be awarded.
American Airlines AAdvantage® Miles are subject to the following additional terms and conditions: American Airlines AAdvantage® miles may be used for air transportation on American Airlines or its “Airline Associates” (American Eagle® service, oneworld® airlines or select AAdvantage® participating airlines), car rentals, hotel stays and other awards available at AA.com/redeem. If AAdvantage® miles are redeemed for air transportation, winner is responsible for the full cost of transportation to and from their departure and arrival city. Winner is responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges and all insurance costs, federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any, gratuities, meals, incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the prize. AAdvantage® flight awards are subject to, and the passenger is responsible for, the September 11th Security Fee of $5.60 per one-way trip, per passenger, applicable departure taxes, federal inspection fees, passenger facility charges of up to $18.00, depending on itinerary, and any other taxes and fees imposed by a government entity (U.S. or foreign) of up to $240 based on destination; total may vary slightly based upon currency exchange rate at time of purchase, as well as any fees or surcharges (including fuel surcharges) imposed by the carrier. U.S. government excise tax is a user tax to pay for airport construction and airway safety and operations. If ticketing is less than 21 days prior to departure, a $75.00 expedite charge will apply (waived for AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, AAdvantage® Platinum and AAdvantage® Gold members using miles from their account). A ticketing service charge of up to $40.00 will apply when ticketing via Reservations, American Airlines Travel Center or an Airport Ticket Office. (The ticketing service charge is waived for involuntary changes, reissued tickets, AAdvantage® award tickets issued within 21 days of travel and an expedite charge has been collected, AAirpass® tickets, Government/military fare tickets, and prepaid tickets.) Some of these taxes, fees and other amounts may be due upon booking/ticketing the AAdvantage® award travel. American Airlines AAdvantage® miles will be credited to the AAdvantage® account of each winner, or may be provided in the form of a certificate as set forth below, who must provide a valid AAdvantage® membership number in order to receive the mileage credit (“Certificate”). American Airlines AAdvantage® miles awarded in this Challenge will not count toward elite status qualification, AAdvantage Million Milersm status or any other promotional benefit that American Airlines may offer in the AAdvantage® program. Winners who are not AAdvantage® members may join at no cost online at www.aa.com and click on AAdvantage® or by calling the AAdvantage® membership desk at 1-800-882-8880. The credited miles may thereafter be redeemed in any manner consistent with the AAdvantage® program Terms and Conditions, which are subject to change at any time without notice and can be found at www.aa.com/aadvantage when you click on Program Details and then click on AAdvantage® Terms and Conditions. Determination of income tax liability on AAdvantage® travel awards is the responsibility of the winner. American Airlines may, among other things, (i) withdraw, limit, modify, or cancel any award; (ii) change program benefits, mileage levels, participant affiliations, conditions of participation, rules for earning, redeeming, retaining or forfeiting mileage credit, or rules for the use of travel awards; or (iii) add travel embargo dates, limit the number of seats available for award travel (including, but not limited to, allocating no seats on certain flights) or otherwise restrict the continued availability of travel awards or special offers. American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage® program and its terms and conditions at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage® program with six months’ notice. American Airlines may make any one or more of these changes at any time even though such changes may affect your ability to use the mileage credit or awards that you have already accumulated. AAdvantage® travel awards, accrued mileage credits and special offers are subject to government regulations. American Airlines is not responsible for products and services offered by other participating companies. For complete AAdvantage® program details, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage. Sponsor is not liable for any expense incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. Travel is subject to availability and certain other restrictions, which are subject to change in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Flight schedules subject to change without notice. If AAdvantage® miles are sent to the winner in the form of a Certificate: Certificate is not redeemable for cash. Certificate may not be transferred, purchased, sold or bartered. Only original Certificates will be honored. Certificate is void if reproduced, altered, counterfeited, obtained or used improperly. Lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed Certificates will not be replaced by American Airlines. Determination of income tax liability on mileage Certificates and AAdvantage® travel awards is the responsibility of the holder. The holder of the Certificate has only the limited right to surrender same to American Airlines in accordance with rules and conditions stated herein for crediting of mileage by American Airlines and subject to all AAdvantage® Terms and Conditions. Certificate must be deposited online at www.depositAAmiles.com to the AAdvantage® account of each winner. Mileage credit can be deposited only once on or before the expiration date. AAdvantage® travel awards, accrued mileage credits and special offers are subject to government regulations. For complete depositAAmiles program details, visit www.depositAAmiles.com. For complete AAdvantage® program details, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage. Miles must be redeemed within one (1) year from date of issuance. Prize conditions may be added or modified by Prize Provider. Each prize must be used by the date specified or the prize will be forfeited. Once confirmed, any cancellation or change fees or restructuring of prize is the sole responsibility of the winner. Items or expenses not specifically mentioned as being included as part of the prize are not included in the prize. Such items are the sole responsibility of the winner. A portion of all travel booked on American Airlines may be American Eagle® service. American Eagle® service is operated by Envoy Air Inc., SkyWest Airlines, Inc., ExpressJet Airlines, Inc., or Republic Airline Inc.
12. CONDITIONS: Contest is subject to these Official Rules. By participating, Contestants agree: (i) to be bound by these complete Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which shall be final and binding; and (ii) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law. By accepting a prize, Selected Contestant agrees to release Sponsor, including their parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, including Prize Provider, together with the respective directors, employees, officers, licensees, licensors and agents, and respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, judging, or administration of the Contest (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities. Releasees shall not be liable for: (i) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (ii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iii) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Contest; or (iv) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest, in its sole discretion, should it receive fewer than 20 entries, or receive no entries that have a judged score above 60%, or due to circumstances beyond its control, including natural disasters. Sponsor may prohibit a contestant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such contestant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, undermine or harass any other players or Sponsor representatives. The internal laws of the State of California will govern disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Contest.
Sponsor is not responsible and shall not be held liable, and your entry may be disqualified and may not be considered for any Prize, should your Submission be removed from Instagram for any reason.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest in any way by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other players or Sponsor representatives. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited. Any attempts to access the site, enter the Contest or increase votes or views via a bot script, device or brute-force attack will result in disqualification, including that IP address becoming ineligible for the entire Contest. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Contest. Should such an attempt be made, sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
13. PUBLICITY: Sponsor reserves the right to use the Submissions to the Contest for publicity purposes prior to, during, or after the Contest end date, in any media, and to use the name, likeness, hometown name, of any Contestant, including all or part of their Submission throughout the world, in perpetuity, without any compensation or prior review unless specifically prohibited by law.
14. WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL. Except as prohibited by applicable law and as a condition of participating in this Contest, each Contestant hereby irrevocably and perpetually waives any right s/he may have to a trial by jury in respect of any litigation directly or indirectly arising out of, under or in connection with this contest, any document or agreement entered into in connection herewith, any prize available in connection herewith, and any of the transactions contemplated hereby or thereby.
16. OFFICIAL RULES and WINNERS’ LIST: For a copy of these Official Rules visit http://www.discoverlosangeles.com/content/dinesnapwin To obtain the names of the winner in the Contest mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to LA Tourism, 333 South Hope Street, 18th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90071, Attn: Contest Administrator no later than 90 days after the end of the Contest. Please specify the date on which the Contest began.
AmericanAirlines, AAdvantage, Admirals Club, AAdvantage Million Miler and American Eagle are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc. Oneworld is a trademark of oneworld Alliance, LLC all used with permission.
© 2017 LA Tourism. All rights reserved.